My name is Alan Okina. You can just call me, Okina (Weng in Japanese). To this day, the language and culture of Japan continues to deeply influence me. I wish to teach and share this wonderful language and culture with everyone. The translation done here is for learning purpose and self-improvement. I’m currently working in Japan since 2014.
Japan Association of Translators (Member of JAT)
- Jun. 2016 – Present
Australian Tutoring Association (Associate Member of ATA)
- Nov. 2012 – Present
- Membership #: 2012001068
AccreditedTutor (Accredited Tutor by AT)
- Dec 2013 – Present
Private Teaching Experience (Australia and Japan)
- 2010 – Present
Industry Experience (Australia)
- Internal Sales
- Customer Service
- Internal interpreting (Mandarin ↔ English)
- Internal training for production operators
- Write internal monthly safety and 5S bulletin
- Team safety representative and 5S coordinator
- Research and development + technical support + writing new in-house test method
- Product testing, quality control, and credit claim
Other languages that Okina speaks: Chinese and Taiwanese
e.g. learning and email communication can be done in Chinese as well.
Other Registered Online Directories
Academic Achievement (Australia)
- Certificate IV in Frontline Management at Randwick Tafe (2009)
- Bachelor of Science at UNSW (University of New South Wales 2009) Minor in Japanese (5 Subjects Completed: 2 High Distinctions & 3 Distinctions)
- Japanese Language Proficiency Test Level 1 Certificate (2005)
- NSW HSC 2003: Japanese Continuers= 96/100; Japanese Extension= 44/50
- Mini fact: Okina Color in Japanese is Brown.
- The date format used in this blog generally follows the Australian style (dd/mm/yyyy) .
- The videos uploaded here (apart from Okina’s original) are only for viewers’ self-learning purposes. All rights belong to original owners and Okina’s Learning recommends everyone to purchase the original publication.